Sunday, January 29, 2023

Letter J

 

What words come about when I think of the letter J?

Jesus

Jealousy

Jabez


These verses apply:

JESUS

Hebrews 12:1-2

King James Version

12 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about 

with so great a cloud of witnesses, 

let us lay aside every weight, 

and the sin which doth so easily beset us, 

and let us run with patience 

the race that is set before us,

2 Looking unto Jesus 

the author and finisher of our faith; 

who for the joy that was set before him 

endured the cross, 

despising the shame, 

and is set down at the right hand 

of the throne of God.


JEALOUSY

2 Corinthians 11:1-4

King James Version

11 Would to God ye could bear with me 

a little in my folly: 

and indeed bear with me.

2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: 

for I have espoused you to one husband, 

that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

3 But I fear, 

lest by any means, 

as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, 

so your minds should be corrupted 

from the simplicity that is in Christ.

4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, 

whom we have not preached, 

or if ye receive another spirit, 

which ye have not received, 

or another gospel, 

which ye have not accepted, 

ye might well bear with him.


JABEZ

1 Chronicles 4:9-10

King James Version

9 And Jabez was more honourable than his brethren: 

and his mother called his name Jabez, 

saying, 

Because I bare him with sorrow.

10 And Jabez called on the God of Israel, 

saying, 

Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, 

and enlarge my coast, 

and that thine hand might be with me, 

and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, 

that it may not grieve me! 

And God granted him that which he requested.


SPIRITUAL alphabet here.


Image: Clipart Library


STATE of spying

  Jeremiah 17:9 King James Version 9 The heart is deceitful above all things,  and desperately wicked:  who can know it ? "Cold War.&qu...