Saturday, May 11, 2024

ETHICS is unethical

 

Psalm 25:21

King James Version

21 Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; 

for I wait on thee.


Why is ethics unethical?

What makes me say that?

Well, let SPIRIT, and Scripture, teach us.

GOD made me born again, so I follow His WORD.


First, what is "ethics"?

Merriam-Webster defines it as:

: principles of conduct governing an individual or a group

: a consciousness of moral importance

: a guiding philosophy


Wikipedia defines "ethics" as:

"Ethics or moral philosophy is the philosophical study of moral phenomena."


Second, let's go to its history:

"It has its origin in the ancient civilizations. In ancient Egypt, the concept of Maat was used as an ethical principle to guide behavior and maintain order by emphasizing the importance of truth, balance, and harmony.[175] In ancient India, the Vedas and Upanishads were written as the foundational texts of Hindu philosophy and discussed the role of duty and the consequences of one's actions.[176] Buddhist ethics also originated in ancient India and advocated compassion, non-violence, and the pursuit of enlightenment.[177] Ancient China saw the emergence of Confucianism, which focuses on moral conduct and self-cultivation by acting in accordance with virtues, and Daoism, which teaches that human behavior should be in harmony with the natural order of the universe."

-- Wikipedia


Third, what gave ethics away:

consciousness

philosophy


ancient Egypt

Maat


ancient India

Vedas

Upanishads

Hindu philosophy


Buddhist ethics

enlightenment


ancient China

Confucianism

self-cultivation


Daoism

natural order of the universe


Complex, philosophical, worldly.

In sharp contrast to the simplicity of the GOD of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob:

John 3:16-17

King James Version

16 For God so loved the world, 

that he gave his only begotten Son, 

that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, 

but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world 

to condemn the world; 

but that the world through him 

might be saved.


And the simplicity of what JESUS taught:

Mark 12:29-31

King James Version

29 And Jesus answered him, 

The first of all the commandments is, 

Hear, O Israel; 

The Lord our God is one Lord:

30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God 

with all thy heart, 

and with all thy soul, 

and with all thy mind, 

and with all thy strength: 

this is the first commandment.

31 And the second is like, namely this, 

Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 

There is none other commandment 

greater than these.


Matthew 22:40

King James Version

40 On these two commandments 

hang all the law and the prophets.


Fourth, it's all very well if I had not been exposed to those philosophies.

In my search for ABSOLUTE truth, GOD "allowed" me to explore such, among many other things, through new age.

From 1995 to 2019, I had been reading up on esoteric knowledge.

That's 24 years of investing my time, and money, to such.

I bought, read, and even sold such books.

To my great horror now, of course.


Fifth, I learned of those many "gods".

And yet, I couldn't seem to "pin" down truth.

It always remained elusive.

A seeming forever mystery.

Or so, I thought.


UNTIL GOD made me born again 56 months ago.

That's when I really had that "aha" moment.

Making me drop ALL research and studies.

The BIBLE was ALL I needed.

GOD was all I needed.

JESUS was all I needed.

The HOLY SPIRIT was all I needed.

I couldn't possibly have understood the Bible, and GOD's TRUTH, unless SPIRIT taught me.


Everything I know now, is through GOD's GRACE.

He knew I searched so long.

He took mercy upon me when I finally surrendered my human knowledge.

And that's when He gave me HIS knowledge.

Through His commands.

Through the teachings of JESUS.

Through the guidance of SPIRIT.

Which are all found in Scripture.


The world offers "ethics".

JESUS offers simple commands.

Which threatened His enemy , of course:

2 Corinthians 4:4

King James Version

4 In whom the god of this world 

hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, 

lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, 

who is the image of God, 

should shine unto them.


Why are we listening to the enemy?

How can our ethics be infallible?

It serves many gods.

If you don't believe me, check "FOUNDATION".

You'll begin to know who you really serve.

In almost every aspect of work you do.

You will be horrified, too.


It's time to wake up from the fog.

We have been asleep too long.

JESUS clears that fog.

John 1:17

King James Version

17 For the law was given by Moses, 

but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.


Its time to be FREE from the world's lies:

2 Corinthians 3:17

King James Version

17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: 

and where the Spirit of the Lord is, 

there is liberty.


Ethics has something to do with "philosophy".

Right there, and then, it's questionable.

For it is NOT of GOD.

Colossians 2:8

King James Version

8 Beware lest any man spoil you 

through philosophy and vain deceit, 

after the tradition of men, 

after the rudiments of the world, 

and not after Christ.


Related material:

WHAT does the BIBLE say about philosophy?

VICTORY through JESUS

FOUNDATION


Image: Clipart Library


RepreHENsible

 Genesis 3:6 King James Version 6 And when the woman saw  that the tree was good for food,  and that it was pleasant to the eyes,  and a tre...